Click here to return to the main site entry page
Click here to return to the previous page

George Salt Ltd

c1964 The old building at the junction of High Street and Station Road

1964 Geo Salt
1964 with the carnival passing

This picture shows that George Salt was trading from the old building at the north end of High Street, built in 1873 for Sanders and Sanders.

He must have left before 1976 when the building was demolished.

1976 Stonehurst and cottages demolished between the Railway Inn and Sanders and Sanders old factory.

card for telephone numbers
This card was sent out to customers of the various businesses advertised.
Under each flap is space to list phone numbers.

original business
The first building was Sanders and Sanders in 1873, in 1908 they left, and H Ingle moved in. Picture 2004.

Click here to return to the main index of features
Click here to return to the History index
Click here to e-mail us